- Please include the first and last name of the applicant in the first paragraph of your letter.
- Please include your full name and affiliation at the end of the letter.
- Please state how you know the applicant, for how long you’ve known the applicant, and in what capacity.
- Your letter should be as specific as possible, providing relevant examples and other information that will be helpful to demonstrate to the Coolidge Scholars Program why the applicant is a worthy candidate. Please refer to coolidgescholars.org for more information about the Coolidge Scholarship and the selection criteria that will be considered when evaluating applicants.
- Your letter should be no longer than 1,200 words in length.
- Co-written letters or letters signed by multiple individuals are not allowed.
- Your letter may be submitted as either a PDF file or a Microsoft Word file.
To submit your letter of recommendation please follow these steps:
- When you receive an automated email from the Coolidge Scholarship, indicating that a student has listed you as a reference, click on the link given in the email.
- Complete the subsequent form and upload your letter into the form.
- To upload your letter, first save it on your computer as a Microsoft Word or PDF file. Then, click the “+Select a file” button towards the bottom of the form. This will bring up a pop-up window that allows you to select the file to upload from your computer.
- Complete the rest of the form and click the “Submit” button.
Should you require any troubleshooting assistance, please email: CoolidgeScholars@CoolidgeFoundation.org.